Strengthening and expansion of cooperation between the International Engineering Academy, and scientific, engineering and business circles
From 15.09.2015 to 18.09.2015, members of the International Academy of Engineering (IAE) visited Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, the Republic of China, and conducted a series of meetings with the scientific, engineering and business circles. The purpose of the meetings was strengthening and expanding international contacts of Russia and Kazakhstan with Taiwan, as well as solving some protocol issues of the IAE membership as well as the participation in the Tang Prize.
Russia was represented by the President of IAE and RAE, Professor Boris V. Gusev, and Professor Sergei V. Pashkin. The Republic of Kazakhstan was represented by the President of the National Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Professor Bakhytzhan T.Zhumagulov
The delegation from Russia and Kazakhstan was very warmly welcomed by the Taiwan side, headed by Academician of IAE, Ph.D., Professor of Taiwan University, the Founder of the Tang Prize, Samuel Yin.
The program of meetings was very intense: the work included both roundtable discussions and a number of presentations. The meeting agenda as a whole has been successfully implemented. In particular, the annual results of the International Academy of Engineering of Taiwan were summed up, the opportunities of expanding ties between Taiwan IAE, RAE and the Kazakh Academy of Engineering were successfully discussed, plaques and diplomas to the representatives of the International Engineering Academy of Taiwan were awarded.
The interest as well as the intensity of the dialogue could be represented by the list of the participants from the Taiwaneseside.
The Taiwan side during the meetings were presented by:
- Samuel Yin, Professor of NTU, Academician of IAE \ RAE, Founder of the Tang Prize.
- Kuo-Chun Chang, Ph.D, Vice-President & Director General, Distinguished Professor (National Taiwan University – NTU and NARLabs).
- Jason Yi-Bing Lin, Ph.D., Acting Minister, fellow, AAAS. ACM, IEEE, IET, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Yun Yen MD, Ph.D., FACP (Taipei Medical University).
- Yung-Sheng Liu, Ph.D., Macronix Professor, OSA Fellow, SPIE Fellow (National Tsing Hua University).
- Ou Chin-Der, Chairman of SINOTECH, Foundation for Research & Development of Engineering Science & Technologies.
- Lai Willie, PE, CE, SE, Ph.D., Chairman (Ruentex Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd).
- (Jack) H.Ping Tserng, Ph.D, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Engineering (RAE), Ph.D, University of Wisconsin-Madison (NTU).
- Lou-Chuang Lee, Professor, Academia Sinica, Director and Distinguished Research of Institute of Earth Science. Academician: Academia Sinica, The World Academia of Science (TWAS), International Academy of Astronautics (IAA), International Academy of Engineering (IAE \ RAE).
- Antonio C.S. Chen, Director General, Department of West Asian and African Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Pan-Chyr Yang, M.D., Ph.D. President, Professor of Internal Medicine (NTU).
- Ching-Hua Lo, Ph.D. President of NARLabs, Chair Professor NTU.
- Lio, C. Lin, Executive Manager, National Taipei University of Technology (TAIPEI TECH).
- Michael Tanangkingsing, Ph.D., TAIPEI TECH, Chief, International Cooperation Section.
- Leehter Yao, Ph.D., President TAIPEI TECH, President of Association of National Universities of Science and Technology of Taiwan.
- Der-Jang Liaw, Doctor of Polymer Science, Chair Professor (NTU of Science and Technology).
In the framework of cooperation for sustainable development of mankind, the Russian side presented a promising hi-tech business opportunity for the mutual cooperation in environmentally friendly, lucrative and energy efficient processing of organic waste in Taiwan and in the Southeast Asia through the development and production of competitive hi-tech equipment in Taiwan. The work received positive feedback from the Taiwan side, which offered to carry out this work in a Russia-Taiwan joint venture with localization of an assembly plant in Taiwan. The Taiwan side took the role to prepare a business plan for this startup.
It is quite obvious that this project, as the most prepared by the Russian side, could become the beginning of a mutually beneficial hi-tech business cooperation of the parties and become a benchmark for other promising hi-tech projects where the Russian side is able to offer relevant and lucrative engineering solutions, and where Taiwan could provide the high quality embodiment for hi-tech engineering projects.
The Russian side expresses its sincere gratitude to the Taiwan side for the warm reception and good organization of the visit, meetings and interesting discussions as well as for the interest in building cooperation in promotion of high-tech solutions of IAE to Taiwan.
The top management of IAE considers the program of the visit successful and it hopes for the progress in the development of mutually beneficial cooperation.
Reception of the Taiwanese side. In the center Dr. Samuel Yin
Presentation of Badge of Honor of IAE to Dr. Samuel Yin
Presentation of Badge of Honor of IAE to Prof. Chern
Presentation of Badge of Honor of IAE to Prof. Tserng
Diploma of Corresponding Member of IAE to Prof. Din-Ping Tsai
Diploma of Full Member of IAE to Prof. Ta-Peng Chang
Diploma of Corresponding Member of IAE to President Willie Shyh-Shiun Lai
Diploma of Full Member of IAE to Prof. Yun Yen
Left to right: President of the International Academy of Engineering Gusev B.V.;
First Vice-President of the International Academy of Engineering and President of the National Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan Zhumagulov B.T.;
President of National Applied Research Laboratories, Chair Professor, National Taiwan University, Ching-Hua Lo
Meeting with guests from Moscow, Head of the Moscow representative office of Taiwan in Russia Antonio C. S. Chen
In the center – Tang Prize founder, Dr. Samuel Yin,
and President of IAE Gusev B.V. (Taiwan, September 2015)